Our client works in complete automotive assembly and sequencing of modules for OEMs and suppliers. They value a culture of family-like atmosphere and are committed to work-life balance, while placing an emphasis on continuous improvement and professional development to grow in the company. Our client is looking for a 2nd shift Manufacturing Engineer who can help in building professional and personal relationships through hardwork, compassion, care, respect and engagement, etc.
Company benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k w/match, $5k per year tuition assistance, paid time off upon hire and paid holidays.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Support production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
- Create and maintain Process Flow, PFMEA, Standard Operating Procedures and Line Balance documentation.
- Meet or exceed labor content standards utilizing good assembly methodologies and ergonomics.
- Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies, cell layout enhancements and update Master CAD layouts.
- Support and develop department or maintenance projects / activities with good engineering direction. Take part or facilitate the team Lean strategies and methodologies and/or Six Sigma activities.
- Facilitate process/continued improvement.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process and systems.
- Implement interim processes as required to correct or contain all non-conformances.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing/mechanical processes and equipment (PLC, torque tools and equipment).
- Document all activities as required.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- standing for 4 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- AutoCAD (3 years of experience is required)
- Manufacturing (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.