The Service Tech III will lead service technicians on the team in the installation and repair of automated packaging and distribution equipment within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. The position will support the Operations Maintenance team in by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. Also, help train and mentor service technicians and contract technicians. Please note the following shift times: 1st Shift: 4:30AM-2:30PM, 2nd Shift: 1:30-11:30PM & 3rd Shift: 10:30-8:30AM
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 62,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems in the building
- Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
- Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Develop training plans for service technicians
- Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required, with an Associates Degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience with a vocational focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Uses personal computer and/or tablet for email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, and climbing stairs / ladders.
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Motor Controls (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Electrical (3 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.