Global leader in the medical product manufacturing industry is currently looking for a Engineer II in Saint Paul, MN. This position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 31.36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1) Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
2) Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds.
3) Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
4) Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance.
5) Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
1) Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
2) Must have initial training in concepts of Six Sigma and quality techniques.
3) Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician BS in Engineering.
Experience: 1 - 3 years experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.