Purchasing Manager needed just north of Atlanta, GA. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the procurement function including commodity management, maintaining a strong dedicated supply base, interaction with production planning, inventory control, logistics and resource management. Price negotiation is also a critical aspect in this role. EDUCATION:
BA/BS in Business or Operations Management EXPERIENCE:
7-10 years purchasing experience in technology manufacturing environment with 3-5 years (minimum) experience managing people, projects and budgets. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Intermediate PC skills including spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- strong contract administration, teamwork, leadership and global supplier assessment & engagement skills
- strong negotiation skills
Prefer local candidates but will consider non-local candidates and offer relocation assistance.
location: Norcross, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $85 - 105 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manages greater than $1M annual purchases.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the purchasing function to maintain competitive cost, maximize timely delivery of products and services, as well as support the company's annual operational objectives.
- Manage, publish and monitor the Corporate Vendor Rating System and manage associated supplier quality programs required to support the business requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities and commitments with other departments and/or functions.
- Analyze trends and market conditions regarding pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity adjusting sourcing plans and planning parameters as required to maintain continuity of supply.
- Develop and track project schedules. Establish and publish roadmaps for future expectations 1-3 years into the future.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget.
- Manage and coach procurement team staff including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Define and promote continuous improvement activities.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Purchasing Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.