A Quality Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This job fully integrates an individual into the engineering culture by performing specific quality engineering assignments that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required. Work plans and decisions are usually reviewed by others.
location: East Moline, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 36.32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer support processes. Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints. Gathers and analyzes data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Performs quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual. Inputs and maintains information in factory databases and systems. Monitors quality plan tracking system. Assists in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
- Factory Experience Preferred, with 4 year degree in engineering, technology, welding or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to understand weld processes and terminology.
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Needs ability to read and interpret engineering and manufacturing drawings.
- Troubleshoot weld and assembly issues.
- Develop root cause analysis to make process changes.
- Document quality issues within tracking system and analyze data correlations.
- Give guidance to department inspected and interact with UAW welders and assemblers.
- Support continuous improvement projects across departments.
- Support department team for ongoing Safety, Quality and Efficiency goals.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.