A Buyer/Planner is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the San Diego, CA area. This job is responsible for Operational Material Planning throughout entire lifecycle of procured materials. Managing KPIs with operational material management domain. Managing escalations on global level.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 25.97 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Tactical material planning (forecast and handshake feedback) with external suppliers, in an optimized way through the use of planning calculation methods
- Define inventory settings and provide guidance for Master Data Team on master data based on product specific characteristics in supply, manufacturing and demand (Plan For Every Part - PFEP), and monitor and manage during the full product life cycle (including material and supplier changes)
- Full operational ownership on OMM Functional Planning KPIs, driving continuous improvements, and managing material availability and industrial inventory.
- Manage demand fluctuations.
- Connects to buying teams on a regular cadence to review and handle escalations, risks, potential improvements etc. Manage Hot List and Meeting.
- Perform Material Planning based on S&OP Inputs, and provide feedback into S&OP.
- Operational ownership of MRP monitor
- Operational material planning and Purchase Order management
- Identify supply risks and issues, drive mitigation actions and escalate if needed
- Continuous harmonization and improvement of material supply processes ensuring Philips Global Processes execution
- Monitor and secure supplier delivery performance
- Follow up material life cycle, securing in time availability and prevention of obsolescence
- Inventory analysis and policy definition to secure material availability against minimum inventory investments
- Join supplier business review meetings to discuss supply chain related topics
- Project management
- Central contact and coordination for global and key suppliers
- Develop and deploy Process improvements
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree (with affinity for Supply Chain Management).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- High Problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Drives results
- Job autonomy
- Stakeholder management Effective communication
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer focus
- Advanced Materials management knowledge
- SAP and/or Oracle Material Management advanced knowledge
- Supply chain advanced knowledge
- Experience with Operational procurement processes
- E2E process understanding with clear milestones and deliverables
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.