Well respected and growing specialty tool design and manufacturer is seeking an experienced Product Testing Lab / Prototype Technician for a 3+ month contract, possible temp to direct hire role just north of Baltimore, MD. Candidate will use hands on skills to build prototypes and test fixtures and gather test data using Labview.
location: Towson, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work with the Product Development Team to help design and test innovative battery powered tools
- Prototype/assemble/test electronic controls and circuit boards
- Perform thermal testing of electronic assemblies
- Document new test procedures; follow and report test plan results.
- Utilize other test equipment such as o-scope, power supplies, meters, etc.
- Associate Degree in Technical Field preferred
- 1+ years of experience in Electronics Technician or related position required
- Hands on ability to build prototypes and test stands
- Must have experience with Printed Circuit?Board (PCB) assembly, be able to read and interpret?designs/schematics and troubleshoot problems
- Must be proficient with multimeters, power supplies, and oscilloscopes (digital/multi-channel)
- Must have experience with surface mount soldering, electronics prototyping, and basic failure analysis
- Any knowledge of lithium batteries is a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Test Lab
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.