A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the East Peoria, IL area.
location: Peoria, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 39.58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This position is in the Engineered Value Chain team in the Drivetrain division.
- This position is responsible to gather drivetrain component data, analysis, understand trends, conduct gap analysis, make recommendations on improvements, leading projects to improve efficiency, availability, quality and cost.
- This position performs creates dashboards, presents trends in data via dashboards for global drivetrain facilities.
- Responsibilities include working closely in a team atmosphere with engineers from design, manufacturing, aftermarket, supply chain and purchasing professionals.
Education Requirement: BS in Mechanical Engineering
Required Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS PowerBI. Knowledge of Tableau would be an added skill.
Technical Skills Required: Knowledge of design, development and analysis of drivetrain components like Gears, Castings, Shafts would be important factors.
Soft Skills Required: Working in a Team atmosphere, presenting to leaders of important findings and accepting coaching are important soft skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.