Very reputable and well established manufacturing company located in the Monroe, NC area is looking for a Quality Engineer.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $65k to $80k plus relocation assistance (if needed).
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Monroe, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, facility with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with the Manager of QA to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Devises sampling procedures, and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Works with Materials/Purchasing Department to assure acceptable supplier quality and delivery.
- Works with Staff Managers and Sales/Marketing to assess customer satisfaction and address/resolve issues.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- In conjunction with the Quality Manager, serves as a representative & directs ISO 9001-2008 (ANSI/ASQC Q9001-1994)
- Lead product and process risk assessment
- Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, MSA, and Control Plan development
- Ability to work with team to gather information to write Validation Protocols, Final Reports, Master Plans for Process Validation and Product Qualifications
- Conduct data collection, data analysis, and trending
- Assist and/or lead in thorough investigations of quality issues and effective corrective and/or preventative action
- Lead product scale-up for process capability and statistical relevancy
- Expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production and process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; product quality improvement and root cause analysis
- BS in Engineering (Quality or Industrial Preferred) or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Quality management systems experience (ISO 9001:2008 Preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
- Familiarity with production processes, standard mechanical, metallurgical and electrical test methods, SPC, ISO-9001-2008 requirements. Good people management and motivational skills. Must possess a strong sense of urgency, teamwork, keen attention to detail, ability to plan, organize and multi-task.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit or stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.