Very reptuable and well established manufacturing company in the Monroe, NC area is looking to hire a Day Shift (M-F 7:00 AM-3:00 PM) Production Supervisor.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $55k to $65k plus relocation assistance (if needed).
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Monroe, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness in the daily operations and delivery of their assigned area by providing adequate resources, on-going work direction, and problem-solving for their team. These actions ensure that Operational KPI's and business goals are achieved in accordance with Company policies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost, as well as other key business metrics within their influence at the plant.
- Leads functional resources within the assigned value stream, including manufacturing engineering, product engineering, material handling, and quality.
- Interprets company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Analyzes production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments, making schedule adjustments as needed.
- Plans daily operations, optimizes the utilization of skills, available work hours, material, and workflow to ensure timely production within acceptable quality standards.
- Ensures personnel are performing their jobs within the written guidelines of the Work Instructions and adhering to ISO policy and standards
- Responsible for identifying and driving productivity and efficiency improvements in partnership with their value stream employees and the broader operations group.
- Leads the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the value stream.
- Coaches, trains and develops employees in their value stream in order to enhance employee performance and longer-term career growth.
- Assists team members in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving operational challenges.
- Develops and communicates performance-based metrics and organizational vision for their value stream.
- Motivates and recognizes exceptional individual and team performance, while properly managing employee performance and/or conduct issues.
- Partners and collaborates with other members of plant leadership and cross-plant leadership on best practice sharing and broader business unit/enterprise initiatives. For example, partners with Product Management to support New Product Development launches.
- Manages employee productivity and attendance records in partnership with Human Resources and other functions.
- Handle and/or assist in the settlement of employee issues. Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communication with associates. Creates and drives culture to create a positive environment.
- Understands and upholds company policies and procedures in daily operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises approximately 20 associates in their assigned organization. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and assessing performance; rewarding and implementing corrective action/progressive discipline for employees; supporting career development; addressing and resolving employee concerns; demonstrating concern for employee success and well-being; sharing information (as appropriate) and articulating a clear vision for the value stream. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
- 1+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts in the plant environment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.