Well established and very reputable manufacturing company located in the Monroe, N.C. area is looking for a Day Shift (M-F 7:00 AM-3:00 PM) CNC Programmer.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience ranging from $65k to $75k.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Monroe, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Position Overview:
The CNC Programmer is responsible for programming the CNC machines and creates fixtures for the Machine Shop. This position is also responsible for the maintenance, inspection, and repair of existing tooling used in the Machine Shop. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
- Responsible for Revising programs and/or tapes to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- Analyzes job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Determines reference points, machine cutting paths, or hole locations, and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures.
- Observes machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
- Designs fixtures and tooling for new products and analyze cost. Quote tooling to determine most cost effective solutions per machine. Draw fixtures as required.
- Responsible for programing short run jobs using keyboard at machines. Debug processes.
- Maintain inventory on items stored in tool crib. Order items not included on automatic replenishment system.
- Inspects and cleans all tooling returned from production.
- Assesses state of consumable tooling for sharpening, scrapping, or restocking.
- Communicates with suppliers any issues with their tooling that arise.
- Adjusts minimum and maximum tool levels as needed.
- Updates tool database as new tooling is received and obsolete tooling is removed.
- Operates tooling presenter for equipment requiring preset tooling.
- Re-sharpens drills that are stored on shelves.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Must be able to interpret documents such as manufacturing prints and work order packets.
- Must be able to listen and receive instructions from the Production Supervisors, Engineering and Operations Managers.
- Must be able to communicate concerns to the Production Supervisors, Engineering and Operations Managers.
- Must be able to complete forms as required by within the Machine Shop.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Must be able to use dial calipers, gages, and other measuring instruments.
- Must be able to program CNC machining centers and turning centers.
- High School Graduate, GED is required.
- Qualified candidate will be required to have verifiable machining experience and 3 yrs. in G-code, Conversational and CAM software use on lathes and mills.
- Candidate must be able to setup, program, and operate CNC lathes and mills.
- Must be able to edit and write programs along with performing offsets and tool changes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.