A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Griffin, GA area. This position will maintain and communicate quality issues to suppliers; Work with suppliers to provide corrective actions (Both ICA and PCA) and Collaborate with suppliers and production teams; Track RMAs; Support SDE on PPAP and QCLDM metrics.
location: Griffin, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $17.40 - 23.76 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; 1+ year experience in manufacturing environment
Technical Skills Required:
- Interpret engineering drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Powerpoint; Read manufacturing work instructions, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
Soft Skills Required:
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Maintain healthy relationship with all business partners
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.