A manufacturer of outdoor power equipment needs a Manufacturing Engineer/Industrial Engineer for a direct-hire position in Orangeburg, SC. The primary focus of this position is identifying and implementing process improvements and cost reductions using accepted industrial engineering and lean manufacturing methodologies. This position will also support various projects related to new and redesigned product launches. Experienced candidates (7 or more years) with project management skills are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university; plus seven or more years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles is desired. Formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications is required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required.
- strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
- Prefer manufacturing/assembly automation experience
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 82,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design special assembly tools, fixtures and equipment to be used for the assembly processes
- Develop detailed drawings with tolerances and proper material call out for assembly of tools, fixtures and equipment.
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones;
- Purchase, and install equipment, fixtures, specialty assembly tools, product lift assists and storage devices.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, work instructions and training materials.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow diagrams, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.