A manufacturer of outdoor power equipment needs a Continuous Improvement Engineer for a direct-hire role in Orangeburg, SC. The primary focus of this position is to provide strategic direction and leadership in the area of continuous improvement and new production requirements for manufacturability.
- BS degree required - Masters of Business degree preferred
- 7 years minimum experience and/or training in LEAN or Six Sigma
- Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in a large, multi-national organization
- Effective leadership skills, including the ability to build and influence professional relationships throughout the facility, regardless of level.
- Proven management-level skills in Continuous Improvement arena.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to link and interpret plant operational metrics to financial performance, communicate/present findings, and make recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and work independently to meet reporting deadlines.
- strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- strong computer skills, including proficient use of accounting systems, as well as MS Office software applications, ERP/MRP proficiency and JDE as needed.
- Ability to travel to domestic (and possibly international) locations as required.
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $82,000 - 94,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Organize continuous improvement structure for the plant to include:
- Development and standardization of continuous improvement processes;
- Coaching and developing plant personnel in continuous improvement competencies, such as lean manufacturing, 5S, and project planning activities;
- Coordinate and direct kaizen activities that result in process improvements
- Lead site planning process to maximize floor space, minimize lead time, and optimize flow.
- Lead cost reduction activities and projects.
- Provide guidance and support for new model launches.
- Collaborate and help prioritize manufacturing engineering projects in production areas throughout the plant.
- Support and assist manufacturing Business Owners in costing of new models to identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Promote implementation of HOS into daily work activities.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing engineering to gather production information to establish metrics that can be used to determine performance standards, manpower requirements, production capacities, and future cost improvement opportunities.
- Identify and coordinate training and development of CI initiatives.
- Identify/coordinate HOS training for the Orangeburg facility.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.