A manufacturer of outdoor power equipment needs a Reliability Engineer for a direct-hire role in Orangeburg, SC. This role will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on our tools and equipment. We consider these value-added tasks because they help keep our production costs down by preventing interruptions. This person will also conduct a variety of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and root cause analysis tasks, identifying potential risks to our operations and developing corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university; plus five or more years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Professional experience in manufacturing/production and reliability.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles is desired. Formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications is required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required.
- strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $84,000 - 94,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Participates in the final check out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Must have knowledge of or ability to understand mechanical design, electrical design, automation concepts, intimate knowledge of industrial automation systems
- Ability to read and understand design concepts, blueprints, SOW, contracts, etc. with little or no supervision and to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates based on those items.
- Organizational skills, time management, detail oriented, deadline oriented and the ability to multi-task are essential for success in this position.
- Ability to effectively communicate to customers, vendors, personnel in other departments, peers, management, and owners to discuss and formulate mechanical designs.
- Ability to quote time and material per scope of work for the mechanical design.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- VB programming for Excel.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.