A manufacturer of outdoor power equipment needs a Tool & Die Maker for a direct-hire role in Orangeburg, SC. The primary role of this position is to repair and conduct preventative maintenance of various sheet metal die types from progressive to manual, as well as repair and maintain die components and fixtures.
This role is paid hourly at a pay rate of $24-28.50 per hour depending on experience.
- High school diploma or GED; plus a tool & die journeyman's card and/or a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a tool & die maker/tool maker in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to follow instructions and a demonstrated attention to detail is required.
- Self motivated and a demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision is required.
- Blueprint reading skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate all tool room equipment (grinders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, manual tools) without assistance, as well as hand tools & measurement tools.
- Experience with various measuring instruments, such as depth / height gauges, calipers / micrometers is required.
- Required personal computer skills include but are not limited to: MS Office software applications (Word, Excel) and email (Lotus Notes). Knowledge of Minitab and AS400 are desired.
- Basic mathematical skills are required. strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data are required.
- strong teamwork and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Good attendance and safety record is required.
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $49,920 - 59,280 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Troubleshoot die problems from observing defective parts or by observing dies operating in the presses.
- Fabricate die components and/or conduct the necessary work to the various die components to ensure proper die operation.
- Make the necessary improvements needed in the tooling to make a part that is compliant to quality requirements.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.