Our client has a new production facility in Northern California, and makes HVAC systems for a major automobile manufacturer. They are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to help develop their QA & QC processes, and make sure their products are being delivered as promised to the customer. Engineering degree is a big plus, but not required.
location: Auburn, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Manage the quality in shop-floor
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Define and manage the quality cost of the project (Non-Quality Costs as Scrap, Sorting's, lab test, etc)
- React when a risk is identified, escalate roadblocks to Sr. Quality Engineer, Plant Manager and or Quality Director when is needed
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Quality improvement mindset
Follow the customer milestones/activities
- Key contact with customer
- Verification of scorecard on customer portals
- Follow up in customer/project changes (i.e. SCARS process, ECO, NCR's, CR, SCORECARD, Charge back to suppliers, LPA's and IMDS.
Engage the 8D analysis in plant
- Customer complaints or internal issues
- Assure quality and timeliness of 8D responses to customers
- Update customer and internal portals with CAR information.
New Launch activities
- Coordinate MSA studies and capability studies to feedback feasibility assessments of new product and processes to engineering teams and management
- Fulfill our customers' Quality System requirements (APQP, SIE, etc.)
- Analyze changes and deviations for risk and implementation of lessons learned & best practices.
- Define and develop special characteristics in collaboration with customers, engineering, and operations.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.