Manufacturer in Toledo, OH is seeking a Material Receiving Clerk for a 2nd shift position (5:30 pm - 3:30 am). The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience in automotive manufacturing and a Hi-lo license. Capabilities in safe operation of material handling equipment required.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Toledo, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $36,000 - 38,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
education: High School
- Associate's degree preferred
- Hi-lo license required
- Authenticate receipt of direct and consigned material shipments alongside bills of lading, invoices or other records.
- Manage trailer yard records to maintain First In First Out (FIFO) throughout the plant
- Ability to confer and correspond with internal departments and external representatives supporting production operations to execute requests and rectify problems.
- Perform dock audits as requested
- Report any deliveries that have not delivered at their scheduled window time.
- Assist in the verification of incoming material as to the specific part number and quantity against the receipt and incoming material checklist. Report all discrepancies to the Materials Coordinator.
- Assure that shipping and receiving employee roles and responsibilities are completed efficiently and timely
- Properly file Packing Slips on a daily basis and archive old documents every 3 months.
- Provide daily Yard report.and perform daily cycle counts.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Assist the Materials Manager and Materials Coordinator with the investigation of inventory errors and discrepancies.
- Log in all FedEX/UPS shipments and obtain the proper signature prior to releasing the package.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Must be willing to work Overtime in the event that there is no coverage in the receiving office.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Materials Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.