A Supply Chain Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Decatur, IL area. This job primary function is to provide visibility & communication of manufacturing, and supply chain readiness to NPI program managers, and supporting teams.
location: Decatur, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 49.21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide frequent & timely communication of NPI material status, and start on line readiness
- Verify planning parameters (eg manufacturing releases, purchase orders, lead times, order quantities, flowpaths, etc) for NPI materials are correct
- Ensure NPI material is shipped, received, stored, and delivered to lineside quickly and efficiently
- Provide logistics management, analysis, and support of inbound and outbound NPI material flow.
- Typical customers include: NPI program managers, and cross functional teams (eg engineering, value chain, purchasing, planning, operations, etc),
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience required.
Technical Skills Required:
Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite: Including creation & maintenance of large scale, and linked spreadsheets w/ pivot tables Microsoft PowerBI: Including creation & maintenance of report APQP Experience
Soft Skills Required:
- Building successful working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds who serves across a wide variety of functions.
- Driving effective action through influence, and follow up
- Deliver results under tight timeline
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.