Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to permanently join their team!
- Active Secret Security Clearance is required
- Must have 6+ years of experience in engineering design featuring PCBs, Interface protocols, RF design, and DoD experience
- Great organization with room for growth and career stability
location: NORFOLK, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Conducts, researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems.
- Independently designs electronic circuits, components and integrated systems, utilizing ferroelectric, nonlinear, dielectric, phosphorescent, photo-conductive, and thermoelectric properties of materials.
- Independently designs test control apparatus and equipment.
- Determines procedures for testing products
- Directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment.
- Directs field operations and maintenance of electronic installations.
- Evaluates operational systems and recommends design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- May provide technical direction to less experienced personnel.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Works under minimal technical supervision of experienced senior personnel for daily and weekly tasks.
- Participates in the research and analysis of customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Consults with other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical (6 years of experience is required)
- Secret Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.