Our client in San Diego, a large Medical Device company is searching for an Associate Scientist who has a degree in Biology or Chemistry, 2-6 years' relevant laboratory experience with DNA and/or RNA based technique and has next generation sequencing technologies (NGS) and library preparation experience. Are you looking to join a company that has plenty of opportunity to grow, please apply!
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, execute, interpret experiments and present results with a high degree of independence
- Optimize assay conditions, prepare and sequence samples on Illumina's platforms
- Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations
- Perform routine chemical and biochemical testing, follow processes and procedures
- Prepare reports, updates and summaries for managers and teams
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Scientist (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.