job summary: Contract position:
Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Construction Right of Way/Land Title Specialist for a long term contract position with potential to go direct. You will support electric utility transmission & distribution construction projects. You will be based out of Fairburn, GA and will support projects throughout this state of Georgia. You need 3-5 years of relevant Right of Way experience on some sort of linear construction project (T&D, railway, cable, telecom, transportation, or similar). Client is looking for candidates who are local to the area.
location: Fairburn, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs legal title examination, survey or legal description writings.
- Using working knowledge of real estate law along with engineering knowledge in applying solutions to acquisition projects.
- The review and interpretation of engineering drawings, site plans and legal descriptions in connection with the preparation of legal documents; and the review, tracking and processing of easement documents.
- Lead and maintain the document control and retention process for easement acquisition process.
- Obtains appraisal and preliminary title reports prepared by independent appraisers and title companies to determine present and future value of property affected by proposed facilities; makes recommendations regarding appraised value for purchase or acquisition of easements and fee title.
- Conducts negotiations with property owners for the acquisition of rights of way, easements, construction easements, facilities and appurtenances; prepares and reviews legal descriptions, easement documents, deeds and other documents associated with property acquisition or sale; prepares agenda items for approval of land purchases and right of way acquisitions.
- Assists with the condemnation process where necessary; prepares legal documents for inclusion in condemnation packages submitted to court.
- Conducts or directs the recordation of legal documents for easement acquisitions; prepares and maintains records of property purchase or sale and acquisition easements for right of way.
- Assists in preparing reports for weekly project status meetings and reports on the status of right of way acquisition and research progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Land Title Research (3 years of experience is required)
- Right of Way Specialist
- Utility Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Site Acquisition
- Land Agent
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.