Looking for a new opportunity? Come join a fast growing, innovative team seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer. If you fit the qualifications below, please apply!
- Minimum Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering or 7+ years of experience in Designing, programming, and implementing control systems.
- Experience working with PLC's, (PLC5, SLC500, CLogix, Siemens S7, TI-505, Modicon), HMI's,(CTC Interact, Panelview Plus, Wincc Flex) AC Drives (Yaskawa, ABB, AB) and Servo Controls.
- Experience with design and implementation of Network communication protocols, IE Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet I/P, Devicenet, Peerlink, ASI Modbus Plus.
- Experience with design and implementation of machine controls and equipment safety.
- Sound understanding of engineering and/or electrical principles and their creative application on the job.
- Working knowledge of electrical standards (NEC, NFPA, UL etc)
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
location: CHICAGO, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions, especially for Electrical Safety, Lockout/Tag out, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Domestic and International travel (up to 80%) required to manufacturing sites to perform startup / installation / support and troubleshooting duties.
- Designs, develops all aspects of programming and electrical engineering activities for new projects and/or equipment upgrades.
- Generates electrical schematics in compliance with established company standards and applicable regulatory codes.
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing operations to resolve quality and/or productivity issues to meet budgeted objectives.
- Coordinate activities and efforts with maintenance, outside contractors, and operations personnel.
- Implements electric controls design by providing installation, start-up, and technical support to resolving production problems associated with electric controls.
- Assists manufacturing with process and/or quality improvements to meet cost and/or quality targets.
- Implements methods for improving OEE and spoilage reduction; through conveying layouts, control methods, and analyzing areas of process variations.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Provide Training of new technologies to plant electrical support staff.
- Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.