Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Our exciting client located in San Diego is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a full time employment opportunity!
This role will be onsite in La Jolla, CA and the company has taken all COVID-19 protocals for a safe working enviornment.
The client, which is in the molecular and specialized diagnostic testing space, is growing exponentially! They also partner with healthcare providers to offer genetic testing that helps families prepare for life.
Interviews are being conducted ASAP and the client is targeting candidates to start near the end of July 2021 or early August 2021.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for the development of several medical devices through planning, development, test, verification, optimization, human factors, clinical validation, transfer to manufacture, and familiarity with the regulatory approval process.
- Contributes to product development from concept to commercialization.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of mechanical design, technical requirements and design & development lifecycle knowledge per FDA guidance.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Analyzes test data using statistical tools, perform in-depth interpretation of results, and generate detailed technical reports.
- Conducts research and development of equipment design, tooling/fixture design and manufacturing processes for new production technologies and methods.
- Be a key driver behind creating a seamless transition from design-for-manufacturability to full production.
- Min. BS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- 10+ years experience in device product development, preferably in medical devices and drug/device combinations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 20 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Mechanical Design
- clinical validation
- product development
- mechanical design
- Analyzes test data
- Professional Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.