A Process Piping Designer is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Qualified candidate should be motivated, self-starting Process Piping Designer with minimum 10 years experience in layout of process and mechanical equipment and associated piping design.
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $41.12 - 50.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create equipment and piping models in 3D and 2D software under the direction of Lead Designers.
- Coordinate with other piping designers and other disciplines working in the models.
- Work with a team of designers, drafters and engineers to develop 2D piping plans.
- Position also requires field support activities and may be on client site.
- Will be working with an engineering design team on high-tech industrial manufacturing facility projects.
- Motivated, self-starting Process Piping Designer with minimum 10 years experience in layout of process and mechanical equipment and associated piping design.
- Ideal candidate will have recent experience and be an advanced user of Cadworx 3D design software and Navisworks.
- Must be well organized with strong communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with process mechanical piping systems, industrial waste and high purity water systems a plus. Microelectronics experience a plus.
- Experience with pipe installation details and pipe supports, a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.