A Packaging Engineer is needed for an American multinational personal care corporation in the Madison, WI area. To deliver innovative, cost effective packaging solutions to the company business which minimize cost, add value to the customer and show strong progress on sustainability for our stakeholders.
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $31.63 - 44.19 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- To understand and strive continually to improve the capability of existing packaging and packaging equipment to better meet customer and end-user requirements
- To recommend and support packaging development programs that reduce distribution cost or damage, or provide competitive advantage
- To establish and maintain relationships with packaging suppliers to maintain an up to date knowledge of packaging and packaging equipment developments.
- To understand and communicate the impact and relevant detail of North American legislation
- Ability to design corrugated, carton board, paper wrap and film structures
- Ability to conceptualize test/experiments to generate relevant data
- Knowledge of and experience with industry standard test procedures for packaging materials and packages.
- Specific understanding of company packaging processes
- Understand correlation of final art to package design
- Awareness of applicable packaging laws and regulations
- General understanding of material supplier's manufacturing process
- Knowledge of customer distribution requirements.
- Knowledge of industry trends and procedures related to packaging materials and technologies.
- A Bachelor Degree in packaging, engineering, business, or related discipline; 3 years of related experience are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize and support projects on a self-directed basis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Computer skills with Artios CAD, TOPS, Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.