A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. This position is responsible for the validation of electric drive systems and components through the execution of lab testing.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25.77 - 35.02 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Defining validation requirements and developing appropriate test specifications.
- Ensuring test facilities, instrumentation, and data acquisition systems meet desired capabilities.
- Performing lab testing based on defined plans.
- Analyzing test data, summarizing results, determining conclusions, and communicating results in technical reports and presentations.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing lab testing of electric drive components and systems.
- Working with internal clients to determine test plans.
- Inspection and electrical checks of components to be tested.
- Coordinate installation of additional instrumentation.
- Perform lab tests using dedicated test facilities.
- Analyze test data, communicate results, and documenting findings in technical reports.
- Approx 70% of day will be in a lab environment running tests, remaining time will be for data analysis and report/presentation creation.
- Work will be done in a team environment, with a high level of interaction.
Education Requirement: Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum required.
Technical Skills Required:
- 2-4 years professional engineer experience
- Experience with data acquisition systems and data analysis tools.
- Powertrain product development experience
Soft Skills Required:
- strong communication, Ability to work in a team environment, Self-starter/Self- motivated.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to lead test planning meetings.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.