Sr. Automation Technician
Matthews, NC area- Direct Hire- Sr. Automation Technician- Local customer is seeking a Sr.Automation Tech to join their team to work in the CNC Machine Shop. PLC troubleshooting (4 +years of experience), Robotics, mechanical maintenance, hydraulics and pneumatics. Competitive hourly pay, tons of room for internal room for growth, full benefits, 401 K and solid work culture. Position is on 3rd shift.
location: Matthews, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 10pm to 7am
education: High School
Troubleshoot, service and fix PLC controlled systems and robotic devices. The candidate will be part of a team that ensures equipment meets standards for quality and production rate at all times. The individual must be highly motivated, willing to perform hands-on applications involving electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Surveys all processes regular basis, following daily, monthly, and annual maintenance routines for major equipment.
- Expedites work in response to equipment failures, performing inspections and determining corrective actions.
- Repairs plant equipment in a CNC Machine Shop
- Fills out work orders and assists equipment vendors on-site as needed.
- Packages parts for shipment to repair facilities.
- Assists in assuring all equipment is safe for employees to operate. Replaces or repairs inoperative machine guards or malfunctioned equipment.
- Performs monthly safety checks to stay in compliance with safety program.
- Assists in training of employees in production and safety.
- Uses micrometers, calipers, and other gauges required to inspect product.
- Operates a forklift as needed to move and position components.
- Expresses a willingness to assist in all operations of manufacturing products.
- Other duties as assigned.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Maintenance (4 years of experience is required)
- PLC (4 years of experience is required)
- Hydraulics (4 years of experience is required)
- PLC Troubleshooting (4 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical Maintenance (4 years of experience is required)
- CNC work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.