Our client in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago is looking for an entry level and motivated test technician interested in contributing to the success of an exciting and fast-moving company. The ideal candidate will have a passion for accurately assessing antenna performance and delivering antenna test reports to antenna engineers and managers. Training will be provided!
location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Have a passion for accurately assessing antenna performance.
- Deliver the antenna test reports to antenna engineers and managers.
- Be able to build antenna prototypes and fixtures using lab equipment (soldering iron up to 0201 components, and using Dremel type cutters)
- Troubleshoot the prototypes with the help of antenna design engineers.
- Maintain antenna test equipment and the lab space.
- Work closely with managers and hardware engineers.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 2+ years of antenna experience
- Experience with wireless products and their performance assessment is plus.
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to multi-task between two or more projects
Knowledge/ Skill Requirement:
- 2+ years of experience with antenna testing in anechoic chambers.
- 2+ years of experience with antenna prototype building and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience with VNAs, Spectrum analyzers and other RF equipment.
- 2+ years of experience as antenna technician Knowledge about various antennas (reflector, sectorized, horn, and omni-antennas).
- Cross-functional collaboration with RF, mechanical, testing engineers.
- Familiarity with NSI-MI technologies software MS word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- No degree required.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Manufacturing (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Testing (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.