A Hardware Engineer is needed for a company that specializes in distribution and value added services relating to electronic components and computer products in the Benton Harbor, MI area. Display Electronics system engineer to evaluate various Displays, LCD/LED/TFT. Interface displays to SoC. And do analysis of cost vs quality benefits. Work on display systems development at component and system level. Manage all activities necessary to deliver display modules for the Human Machine Interface (HMI) panels for the home appliances.
location: Benton Harbor, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $35.82 - 48.38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Handle all display & other hardware related activities as per the Display & HMI roadmap.
- Work with Display module/PCB/Chipset suppliers to bring in the right technology & trends into the existing products.
- Debug display interfaces. Find compatible displays with various frame rates, resolutions.
- Work with suppliers to find the right hardware.
- Work with suppliers to find firmware and hardware support for various displays.
- Debug & address issues from filed related to display & hardware
- Run & evaluate safety tests including EMI/EMC.
- In depth knowledge of displays, SoC, hardware & firmware
- In depth hardware debugging & issue triaging knowledge. Various protocols like I2C, SPI, DSI, MIPI knowledge is must.
- Familiarity with PCB layout/schematic/BoM
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Good to have firmware coding experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Hardware Engineer
- Display module
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.