Mechanical Project Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located near the Melville, NY area on Long Island. This position will be responsible for working closely with current and potential customers as well as internal teams through the full project life cycle providing design for manufacturing support.
location: Melville, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Providing design for manufacturing support to current and potential customers
- Work closely with other members of the Engineering Team as well as other internal teams
- Assist in the management of new builds: creating and monitoring timelines, conducting design reviews with relevant members of the team, developing Part Description Forms and BOMs, performing incoming inspections, performing first article inspection (FAI) reporting when appropriate
- Managing modifications, both customer and company driven
- Provide support to production processes & quality team if necessary
- Ability to focus on continual internal improvement, focusing on the enhancement or replacement of outdated practices and equipment
- Other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Approximately 5 or more years of product design / engineering experience
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly
- Proficiency with Solidworks and PDM in designing parts and assemblies, and in the creation of detailed 2D drawings
- Ability to independently manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Mechanical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.