Material handling manufacturer is seeking a dynamic Production Engineer who will provide a broad level of engineering leadership and support across manufacturing operations. This individual will ensure products are produced at a high-quality level and with optimum efficiency to ensure customer satisfaction. The selected candidate will directly support introducing new manufacturing capabilities through process improvement, equipment acquisition, installation and validation.
location: Scottdale, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production.
- Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
- Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
- Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
- Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
- Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability.
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably at an ISO certified facility
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Lean, Six Sigma Certifications Preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Production Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.