Material handling manufacturer seeks a Continuous Improvement Engineer to identify and address opportunities for continuous improvement in our Operations processes, reporting to its Director of Engineering. Individual will lead plant-wide performance improvement initiatives that positively impact cost, quality, safety, material flow, productivity and delivery metrics.
location: Scottdale, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leading plant-wide performance improvement initiatives that positively impact cost, quality, safety, material flow, productivity, and delivery metrics.
- Developing the Company's culture through targeted training, shop floor Kaizen program, Small Group activities, and Kaizen Blitz events.
- Facilitating Kaizen and process improvement activities.
- Working individually or with a team to complete projects following 8 Step Process based on Toyota Production System and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Providing continuous improvement support to shop floor associates, production managers, and engineering department.
- Designing, developing, and implementing improved work flows.
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to create/update work instructions, visual aids, and process standards for production operations.
- Training company associates in principles of Lean Manufacturing (5S, 8 Wastes, Value added/Non-value added analysis, poka yoke), Theoretical Value Production, PFMEA, and Formal Problem Solving techniques.
- Developing and maintaining time study documents.
- Conducting Value Added Analysis (VAA).
- Performing classic time studies and optimizing labor line balance.
- Substantial bonus potential offered
- 4 year technical degree (Industrial Engineering degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Project Management experience
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Demonstrated application of engineering skills and problem solving techniques
- Prefer Lean Certification and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.