Our client in Torrance, CA is searching for a Scientist who will execute sensory activities associated with development of Herbalife's products in [Personal care/Foods/Supplements]. The position accountabilities include product development guidance for flavor optimization, product testing (discrimination, preference), and statistical data analysis. This is a great opportunity to work with a company full of energetic employees! Please apply!
location: TORRANCE, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leads sensory testing from feasibility through commercialization
- Collaborates with Marketing, Global Consumer & Member Insights and R&D to provide sensory guidance and direction to deliver optimized flavor profiles in a variety of finished product applications.
- Provides sensory testing support for primary assigned region(s)
- Collaborates effectively with R&D, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to design sensory tests and ensure that it meets project objectives.
- Performs test design, questionnaire development, and assists with recruitment, set up, and execution of sensory product testing.
- Generate reports and develop key insights out to business teams.
- Rapidly executes project tasks via Agile PLM system.
- Provide training on basic sensory practices and test methods for plant, regional sensory team, and panelists (i.e. discrimination panelist training, basic sensory evaluation training, software training)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Laboratory (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Scientist (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.