A long team leader in the machinery manufacturing industry is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in La Habra, CA. The Senior Mechanical Engineer performs hands-on product design, computer analysis, and technical development for new capital machinery products and technologies using successful interaction with vendors, internal team members, and customers.
location: La Habra, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design components to be manufactured via conventional machining, sheet metal bending/rolling, welding, CNC machining and other related processes using Autodesk Inventor CAD models and drawings
- Apply principles of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) quality
- Support the work of less senior Mechanical Engineers and CAD Designers
- Recommend various technology options or approaches for improvements in systems, processes, facilities or programs in terms of safety, performance, efficiency and cost
- Expert in 3D CAD modeling and drawing creation, preferably using Autodesk Inventor 2019
- PDM experience, preferably with Autodesk Vault Pro
- Design of electromechanical assemblies and linear motion driven mechanical systems
- Design of Heavy machinery, preferably food processing equipment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.