A long standing leader in the machinery manufacturing industry is currently looking for an Electrical Controls Manager in La Habra, CA. The Electrical Controls Manager performs hands-on product design, validation, and automation troubleshooting of electrical and controls systems. This position will require strong leadership with the ability to motivate and mentor less senior staff.
location: La Habra, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Implementing state of the art programs for PLCs from initial concepts to fully validated production systems
- Defining, reviewing, and standardizing electrical schematics for control panel layouts, IO lists, electrical bills of material and P&ID diagrams
- Designing, verifying, and validating safety circuits and programming safety PLCs
- Designing and implementing networked systems
- Troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and combustion control systems
- Verifying and validating designs to assure compliance with product specifications, regulatory requirements, international standards, and best practices
- Preparing and tracking the project scope of work and establishing the electrical and controls engineering resource plan and budget for assigned projects
- Preparing risk assessments and appropriate countermeasures to assure attainment of technical and project goals
- Defining, implementing, and continuously improving best practices for electrical and controls engineering, including requirements documents, verification and validation plans, and written procedures
- Performing and documenting Root Cause Analyses and Corrective Action Plans
- Recommending various technology options or approaches for system, process, facility or program improvements in terms of safety, performance, efficiency and cost
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Power distribution
- Electrical Engineering
- Six Sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.