A national leading building materials manufacturer is looking for a Principal Project Engineer to join their team near Conover, North Carolina. This company has 60 manufacturing facilities with over 6,300 employees throughout North America. The Principal Project Engineer will be accountable to install, setup, troubleshoot and validate engineering projects group wide.
The starting salary is commensurate with experience up to $140K plus performance bonus, relocation assistance, and great health/retirement plans.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Conover, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Create project plans and charters that effectively establish the project stakeholders, participants, scope, budget, schedule, equipment and deliverables.
- Provide support to initiate projects by properly vetting all vendors; assemble and advise project teams; and engage stakeholders to ensure they understand deliverables and project impact.
- Coaches project teams
- Utilize advanced knowledge and attention to detail applying engineering fundamental principles, in mechanical assemblies, material handling, facilities, controls, engineering software and machine design to evaluate process controls to select a variety of auxiliary equipment.
- Manage project budgets and continue to track project lead-time to prevent costly project scope sweep.
- Manage project handoff: provide a clear and complete handoff of the project or process to the team that will manage the project or process through to the end; supports project teams by providing insight to ensure successful completion.
- Evaluate existing equipment, manufacturing tools, and technologies to recommend changes, maintenance, repair, and contingency needs.
- Collaborate with R&D, local sites, and key vendors to ensure the successful launch of new products and the reduction of losses due to design and execution weaknesses.
- Assists local sites in developing long term project lists to maintain constant flor of projects and accomplishments for cost reduction while developing the management of change process as it relates to new products, process, or equipment changes that impact finished goods processing.
- Lead cross-functional design and review meetings, ensuring continuous improvement in time-to-capability and time-to-market metrics.
- Oversees the development and use of trouble shooting guides for all manufacturing processes and tools, reduce waste and scrap, and improve yield.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current trends and improvements in the Plastics Industry including process improvements, controls engineering, and advanced manufacturing operations to optimize processing and drive continuous improvement; utilize this knowledge to support training programs for all plant personnel in continuous improvement.
- Support a safe working environment at all times by correcting or reporting unsafe acts or conditions through appropriate channels of resolution and manage incident investigations with the intention of recommending corrective action plan and overseeing its implementation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Engineering
- Capital Equipment
- Project Management
- Project Controls
- Process Improvement
- Six Sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.