A national leading building materials manufacturer is looking for an Automation Engineer to join their team near Kansas City, Kansas. This company has 60 manufacturing facilities with over 6,300 employees throughout North America. The Automation Engineer will work on controls and automation projects to install new and upgrade existing systems in all manufacturing facilities.
The starting salary is commensurate with experience up to $90K plus a performance bonus and great health/retirement benefits.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Kansas City, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop/Install/Commission Plant Controls & Automation Systems, including PLC programming, HMI development, MES Data Collection and IIOT networks. Design and execute retrofit projects involving AC drives, servo drives, HMI and PLC modifications in accordance with Corporate modernization plan. Support Rebuild projects which requires extended time away
- Direct third-party controls engineering partners
- Develop/Enforce Process Controls Standards, Design/Specify Plant Controls System architectures, including Control Panels, hardware, communication protocols, and industrial networks in collaboration with IT network professionals
- Support process engineers in process optimization tasks and support SCADA automation systems for (5) manufacturing plants
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- PLC Programming
- Process Control
- Electrical Engineering
- HMI Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.