A Packaging Engineer is needed for a leading engineering organization. The project engineer is responsible for leading a variety of complex packaging machinery projects. Qualified candidates must have 4+ years of experience leading complex packaging projects with consumer packaging equipment.
A BS in Engineering is required. Proficiency with a CAD software is required, preferably 3D. Candidates can expect to travel approximately 75% of the time to client sites, and candidates can work remote when not traveling.
location: Downers Grove, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Oversee and manage complete packaging line designs, including understanding throughput rates, equipment capabilities, line layout requirements, integration of a variety of packaging equipment, and performance of the individual components
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
- Troubleshoot problems with various pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation; evaluate and select packaging equipment suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews; perform Factory Acceptance Testing
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Project Engineering
- Consumer Packaging
- 3D Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.