A Controls Engineer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Hickory, NC area. This position designs and programs controls systems for early stage development test beds for high-speed automation and precision handling systems.
location: Hickory, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $43.35 - 60.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works on unusually complex and potentially broad reaching technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction towards pre-determined medium-range goals and objectives. Work is checked through consultation and agreement.
- Systematically and logically collects and analyzes customer requirements to create total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints, including system integration, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Leads contributions to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Experience programming PLCs in ladder logic, reusable and recipe-driven coding, design and programming HMI's, motion controls, selection and integration of 3rd party motors and drives, robot integration, vision integrations.
- Design of PLC and low-voltage I/O systems, including distributed I/O, safety-over-Ethernet including ISO 13489 and relevant parts of NFPA79 and/or IEC 60408-1.
- Create electrical drawings in AutoCAD or similar. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point.
- PLC programming in SFC or ST.
- Motion controls using Allen-Bradley Logix, Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 or Omron NJ.
- Experience with CNC style motion controls especially ACS SPiiPlus or DeltaTau PowerPMAC. Advanced motion techniques such as complex electronic gearing, and blended motion.
- Working knowledge of PC programming in C#.
- Fanuc teach-pendant programming.
- Industrial machine vision development.
- AutoCAD Electrical.
- Detailed knowledge of NFPA70E, NFPA79, IEC 60408-1, UL508, UL508A.
Education: BS Minimum, Experience: 10+ Years
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.