A Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Hickory, NC area. Entry level position within automation development group. This is a potential apprenticeship for equipment development technician. Need highly motivated, highly flexible individual willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.
location: Hickory, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $19.07 - 29.36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- First tasks will be related to organizing equipment components and products in the lab, assisting with equipment builds, and executing test bed experiments.
- Encompasses the application of various scientific principles from multiple engineering disciplines such as chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical, involving structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes.
- Provides engineering support for job classifications that engage in research and/or product development encompassing one or more engineering disciplines within the Engineering/Manufacturing job family.
- Requires moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and a familiarity with terminology and procedures.
- Follows previously defined procedures.
- Proposes and implements basic solutions to routine problems.
- Refers atypical or complex problems to others.
- Works under close site supervision.
- Provided instructions for routine work.
- Recommends actions to improve efficiency.
- Able to perform duties within prescribed timeframes and maintain confidentiality.
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work group.
Education: AAS Desired
Experience: 0-3 Years
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.