Join a world wide packaging manufacturer leader as an purchasing assistant in the City of Industry. You will be part of a team that assists with the purchasing of raw materials, maintenance parts, and other critical items. The position is a temp to hire role with the possibility of being hired directly with the company.
location: CITY OF INDUSTRY, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Purchase raw materials and maintenance parts for a manufacturing facility. Check prices against multiple vendors looking for the best deal. Search on the web
- Key purchase orders, scan and e-mail to vendor, get confirmations, keep requestor informed of delivery date, match packing slip to purchase orders, close PO's on log and make copies for accounts payable
- Gather required documents from vendors for film and resin additives: packing slip, bill of lading, certificate of analysis, technical data sheet, material safety data sheet
- Keep an updated list of items on order and received for Production Mgr. Help manage the ordering and transferring of supplies to satellite facilities
- Excel duties (partial list): Create PO's, forms, lists and maintain spreadsheets using basic formulas. Generate tracking reports and month end reports using pivot tables etc
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Purchasing / Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.