Our client has a new factory in Northern California where they build HVAC systems for a large auto manufacturer. The Supplier Quality Engineer represents the Supplier Quality Management function of technical support, leads containment and resolution of supplier quality issues with the manufacturing centers and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs. Tracks and qualifies or disqualifies suppliers according to organization's standards. Maintains successful relationships with supply, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory departments. Reports supplier performance and quality to management.
location: Auburn, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Evaluation of supplier performance
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented
- Reviews all supplier discrepancies. Coordinates and tracks the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Incoming inspection
- Defines and develops the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods
- Defines and develops the inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines
- Executes the incoming inspection of material according plan.
- Feed and maintain customer systems and submission requirements for PPAP/IMDS.
- Support the IMDS activities for sister plants when is required.
- Score Cards
- Gather all data from supplier performance chart and issue the supplier score card according to the company Supplier Quality Assurance Agreement guidelines.
- New Launch activities
- Coordinate MSA studies and capability studies to feedback feasibility assessments of new product and processes to engineering teams and management
- Fulfil our customers' Quality System requirements (APQP, SIE, etc.) related to suppliers.
- Analyse changes and deviations for risk and implementation of lessons learned & best practices
- Define and develop special characteristics in collaboration with quality engineer, customers, engineering and operations
- Quarantine management
- Management of materials according to internal procedure.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Supplier Quality
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.