A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Corning, NY area. This job involves the application of scientific and technological principles encompassed in mechanics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, metallurgy, and machine design used for the design, production, operation, and use of machinery of all types.
location: Corning, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $44.19 - 58.82 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs research, design, and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- Applies extensive technical engineering expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops and resolves solutions to complex technical problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without day-to-day direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long term perspective for desire results.
- Represent the organization as the primary technical lead on a project.
- Interacts regularly with senior personnel and leads matters that require significant coordination between organizations.
Education: BS Minimum
Experience: 10+ Years
Top 3 Highly Desired Skills:
- Proficient in mechanical design
- Proficient in detailing
- Vendor experience (quoting, obtaining specifications, etc.)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.