Manufacturer in the Toledo, OH area is seeking a Quality Supervisor for 2nd shift (5:00 pm - 3:30 am). The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar, a working knowledge of FMEA, PPAP, SPC principles and Root Cause Analysis and tools. Understanding quality systems and an awareness of TS 16949 required. Previous supervisory or leadership experience is highly preferred.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Toledo, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Supervise quality technicians and control of the quality lab, documentation, data analysis and report generation
- Participation in the implementation and management of TS-16949
- Set up and continued management of the quality lab and equipment
- Implement and manage the processes for calibration and certification of all gages and equipment.
- Data collection and reporting (SPC charts, etc).
- Product complaint investigation and discrepancy report investigations
- Participation in the implementation of TS 16949 and the requirements as applicable to the Quality Lab.
- be familiar with current and new regulations and guidelines relating to quality and manufacturing principles.
- In the absence of the production supervisor will also organize, coordinate and supervise the production operation to meet and improve quality and production requirements in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Fill in as needed on floor
- Analyze production to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to plant profitability.
- Assist in developing a Just-In-Time (JIT) delivery system and maintains shipping requirements
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline including design, industrial, or manufacturing required
- A working knowledge of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and the required documentation, Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and the required documentation.
- Knowledge of appropriate management and supervisory skills to supervise general quality staff.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences required
- Working knowledge of the implementation and management for certification and calibration of measurement instruments; Root Cause Analysis, and SPC principles and practices
- Firm understanding of quality systems and an awareness of TS 16949
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Supervisory experience
- Just-In-Time (JIT) delivery
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.