International maker of consumer products seeks a PROCESS ENGINEER (coatings) for its manufacturing operations located just north of CHARLOTTE, NC. The PROCESS ENGINEER is responsible for improving the quality, efficiency, throughput rate, yield, cost position, and operating ratio of continuous web coating processes in a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This individual will also facilitate the operations group effort in testing and qualification of new products and processes, improving existing performance, and reducing losses.
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY / $80-$95K
location: Concord, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Key contact point for all process issues, and improvement actions.
- Provide 24/7 support through an escalation/on call support process.
- Establish and control clear processes for the transition of items from Project to Process/Production stage.
- Identify and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for process performance and product quality.
- Improve process reliability and uptime through continuous improvement projects.
- Lead and/or support cost reduction activities throughout responsible area, and support cost reduction activities.
- Assist in process qualification & testing for new products, formulations changes, process modifications, or other technical changes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Chemical processes
- film web coating
- paper web coating
- extrusion coating
- batch mixing or blending
- high speed rotating equip
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.