A large global manufacturing solutions provider in Atlanta, GA is searching for a Process Injection Mold Tooling Technician III. Qualified candidates must have prior background of plastic injection mold maintenance, repair and troubleshooting. This is a second shift position working 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m. rotating 3/4 day work weeks.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $54,080 - 58,240 per year
work hours: 9pm to 7am
education: High School
- Performing mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear.
- Noting any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc.
- Documenting work and keep accurate records. Dissembling and assembling molds, analyzing and solving basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
- Assembling, repairing, inspecting, cleaning and polishing molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces. Laying out, fabricating and assembling metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Using a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Interpreting drawings, evaluating machining methods on assignments and occasionally instructing other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of tool room equipment.
- Computing dimensions; determining machining and material or parts required. Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Solving problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Injection Molding
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.