CAD Drafter needed long term contract for Utility / Communications company in the Newark, DE area This job will involve designing continuous fiber routes over existing and new build fiber optic cables. The right person will use as-built information, Spatial, AutoCAD, Excel, among other software to create detailed documentation and layer drawings. The individual will be skilled in AutoCAD, Excel, design software. We will train for a very skilled and motivated person with the right background! Client would prefer experience in designing and/or constructing telecommunications lines. Must able to work independently as well as interact and communicate effectively with other team members. Apply now for immediate consideration! Hybrid remote schedule!
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 29 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Design and develop layouts for OSP and ISP Fiber design
- Develop ISP Patch panel diagrams/cable rack layouts
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design.
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency.
- Ensure design specifications are maintained.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with fiber design documents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Microsoft Office
- Excel (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Utility or Communications Exp
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.