Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplyer of electric products, fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. They propose and provide new products for customer applications and are looking for an Applications Engineer to provide technical assistance to customers related to product specification and functional requirements.
Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of Applications Engineer experience and a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Should have previously worked with OEMs and be able to provide customer support, create drawings and CAD models. Have good teamwork and problem solving skills!
location: Chesterfield, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
· Identify potential product applications.
· Technical liaison between the customer and the client.
· Establish and maintain relationships with new and current customers.
· Communicate the technical advantages of the products and capabilities to customers.
· Initiate new Product Feasibility Reviews and Quotations based on customer's engineering and functional performance requirements.
· Communication of product quotations to customers and Account Managers.
· Create proposal drawings and CAD models for customers based on the manufacturing capabilities.
· Travel to customer locations to provide product engineering support.
· Facilitate the timely and accurate exchange of product launch documentation, including quality requirements, prototype requirement dates, and production ramp schedules.
· Conduct product application testing for product development and customer application support, including creation of test reports.
· Provide onsite customer plant support for product launch and assembly issues as needed.
· Create annual sales budget and long-range forecast based on available forecasting methods.
· Aid in new product concepts and innovations.
· Follows all lean principals.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Solidworks (2 years of experience is required)
- Technical Support (3 years of experience is required)
- CAD (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.