Seeking a qualified legal secretary. Will be responsible for greeting clients, as well as organizing schedules, researching legal documents, and other administrative work. Organizational and communication skills are required.
Legal Secretary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer and direct inquiries, welcome guests and clients, answer telephone calls and emails.
- Transcribe, edit, and format information involving case preparation.
- Research, verify, and review legal documents and apply information.
- Maintain attorney calendar and organize appointments.
- Account for and record attorney billable time.
- Communicate and obtain information while representing attorney.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Track, order, and receive office supplies.
- Update legal knowledge to remain up-to-date with evolving field.
Legal Secretary Skills and Qualifications
- Introductory degree in law a plus
- Two to four years experience in legal environment required
- Excellent organizational, communication, and record-keeping skills
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of court system and fundamental understanding of law
A legal secretary is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to one or more lawyers. This varies from transcribing and proofreading legal documents, scheduling court depositions, hearings, and meetings to filing and organizing important documents.
- secretary (1 year of experience is required)
- Legal Assistance
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.